If Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s plans for electoral reform are to strengthen our democratic institutions, then he must do them in a democratic manner.
He has promised to form an all-party parliamentary committee and engage the public through forums like citizen assemblies.
– Farzana Hassan, December 10, 2015
Read more on Defend Democracy:
- JASON VANDENBEUKEL: The Supreme guide to electoral reform
- GLOBE AND MAIL: What problem is electoral reform trying to fix?
- REALITY CHECK: Remarkable consensus on need for electoral reform referendum
- TORONTO STAR: Liberals must win broad consensus to change election system
- J.J. McCULLOUGH: Liberal plan for electoral reform shows no logic beyond self-interest
- MATTHEW P. HARRINGTON: Senate should ensure Canadian voters have final say on electoral reform